Happy Feet Hatchery Shipping Disclosure
Revised 27 March 2018
1. Providing our customers with quality poultry and ensuring our customer’s satisfaction is our number one priority. We guarantee 100% healthy chicks upon arrival and offer a 24 hour livability guarantee that is listed in detail below.
2. We do not vaccinate LIVE baby chicks at this time.
3. Please call us directly for a quote on a shipping order, to inquire about availability, or to place an order. (407) 733-4427. You can find all of our current pricing at HappyFeetHatchery.com.
4. All shipped LIVE baby chicks are sold as straight run (unsexed). The only exception to this is if the breed you are purchasing is an auto-sexing or sexlinked breed and you request all pullets of said breeds.
5. Payment will be accepted at the time your order is placed. The cost of shipping will be included in your total purchase amount.
6. If for any reason we are unable to fulfill the order in its entirety, your order may be subject to replacements of a different breed of the same price.
7. Minimum order is 15 LIVE baby chicks. Maximum order is 25 LIVE baby chicks. Order quantities/limits subject to change.
8. In accordance with the United States Postal Service we will ship out LIVE baby chicks on Tuesdays or Wednesdays ONLY. We will also ensure that any and all shipment arrival times DO NOT fall on or around a holiday. We will notify you once your order has shipped.
9. All LIVE baby chick orders will be shipped VIA Priority Mail and be held at your local Post Office for pickup. The Post Office will call you upon their arrival.
10. Once you arrive to pick up your LIVE baby chicks at your local post office, it is your responsibility to check the condition of the box and to open it and check on the status of the LIVE baby chicks contained inside.
A. If any of the chicks contained inside did NOT survive transit, and damage occurred to the box itself in transit, you should report it to the clerk at your local post office and file a claim for your losses with them at that time.
B. If any of the baby chicks contained in your shipment did NOT survive the trip to you, and the box is UNDAMAGED, please contact us immediately. We will request that you provide pictures of the chicks and the box at that time to properly process any replacements or refunds.
11. Any replacement/refund claims filed with Happy Feet Hatchery must be submitted within 24 hours of receiving your LIVE baby chicks. Any chicks that do not survive after this 24 hour period will not be refunded.
12. Our livability guarantee DOES NOT APPLY to any orders that are requested to be delivered directly to your residence. However, damage claims to the box (if damage occurred during transit) may still be filed with USPS.
13. It is the customer’s responsibility to promptly provide the appropriate needs for the LIVE baby chicks immediately upon their arrival home with you. These needs include, but are not limited to, heat, water, feed, space, proper bedding, proper shelter/enclosure etc. These pictures may be requested as well in any livability claim filed with Happy Feet Hatchery.
14. Proper procedures for bringing your LIVE baby chicks home are outlined in our Chick Care Guide, which can be found on our Facebook Page and can be sent to you by request.
15. We also offer “Grogel” for your chicks to be shipped with. Grogel is a gelatin that is a nutritional supplement given to the chicks in the box they will be shipped in. We have Grogel available for an additional $2.00 per shipment.
1. Please call us directly for a shipping quote, to inquire about Hatching Egg availability, or to place an order. (407) 733-4427. You can find all of our current pricing at HappyFeetHatchery.com.
2. Providing our customers with quality Hatching Egg embryos and ensuring their satisfaction is our number one priority. We package our Hatching Eggs in the most secure way possible for transport to ensure that they make it to you undamaged.
3. We label all of our boxes for shipment containing Hatching Eggs as well as possible in an attempt to educate transport personnel of what is inside the box and in an effort to prevent them from mishandling the precious cargo inside.
4. Please understand that once the package leaves our possession, we have done everything possible to ensure that the Hatching Eggs reach you safely and that by labeling the box the way we do, we have done everything possible to prevent the transport process from adversely affecting the viability of the Hatching Eggs being shipped to you.
5. We candle eggs of every breed weekly to determine fertility rates. If we see that the fertility rate of a particular breed a customer is interested in has declined we will advise the customer of it. We DO NOT knowingly sell Hatching Eggs that we know or believe to not be fertile.
6. Payment for Hatching Egg order will be accepted at the time the order is placed. Shipping will be included in the total purchase price.
7. If for any reason we are unable to fulfill the order in its entirety, your order may be subject to replacements of a different breed in the same price bracket.
8. In accordance with the United States Postal Service we ship out Hatching Egg orders on Tuesdays and Wednesdays ONLY. We will also ensure that any and all shipment arrival times DO NOT fall on or around a holiday. You
9. All Hatching Egg orders will be shipped VIA Priority Mail and be held at your local Post Office for pick up. The Post Office will call you upon their arrival.
10. Once you arrive to pick up your Hatching Egg shipment, it is your responsibility to check the condition of the box and to open it and check on the status of the Hatching Eggs contained inside.
If any of the Eggs contained inside were damaged during transport, whether the box is damaged or not, you should report it to the Clerk there at your local Post Office. File a claim for your losses with them at that time.
11. Any replacement/refund claims filed with Happy Feet Hatchery must be submitted within 24 hours of receiving your Hatching Egg shipment.
12. Because of conditions beyond our control during transport and incubation, we cannot guarantee hatchability of any eggs we sell. What we can guarantee is that the eggs you receive will be fresh and should be undamaged from the way we package the eggs and label our boxes.
If you have questions about these Shipping Conditions, please contact us at:
Email: Contact Us
Happy Feet Hatchery
35703 Huff Rd.
Eustis, FL 32736